Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Whole New Year

It has finally come. A new semester has begun at Campbell Divinity School. The chapel was filled with returning and new students and Taylor Hall was buzzing with excitement and wonderment. Excitement for those of us who were returning as we reunited with old friends and wonderment for the new students as to what they had gotten themselves into.

As we sat in Chapel today, Dr. Barry Jones challenged us to persevere. The words he shared today were as much meant for me as anyone. It has been a long road and there have been some rare instances when I thought about going about my merry way and calling it quits.

However, I have to remind myself why I'm here to begin with. This wasn't my choice for my life, this was God's choice. So, with a new semester beginning, I will continue to seek what God has in store for me and lean on the words of this morning:

Hebrews 10:36 says "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."

No comments: