Friday, August 8, 2008

My New Job

Well, it's official! I am going to be working as a resident Chaplain at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. You may remember my earlier blogs where I spoke of such experience during the last semester Div school. It was a rewarding experience and knew then that God had placed me in that place for a reason. For a little while I thought the reason was so I wouldn't have to take Supervised Ministry under Dr. Brock, but now I know better.

In a recent conversation with my mother, I realized there were some paths I could have taken that would have led me far FAR away from where I am now in my walk with God. I'm not sure God and I are hand in hand all the time, but I'm not too many steps behind him on the path of my life. If I had chosen other ways, I'm not sure I would even be on the path. So, God is good and God is patient.

I've stayed busy over the summer but nothing of any great worth, which I might add, was my intention. I didn't want to have to do anything after graduating so, I didn't. I have successfully gotten a good tan, which was a goal and I have laid out my hours at the church so that my part-time status doesn't actually take up 50 hours of my week. This is good.

Now, I am in the planning mode for my new job. I'm one of those weird Chaplains that gets excited when her pager goes off. Not because someone is in crisis, but because I have an opportunity to minister to someone. So, on August 25th I will begin my new journey. But until then..... I'm off to beach to keep working on this tan.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the residency!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Terri on the new opportunity! How exciting for you.