Saturday, October 20, 2007

Just When I Need Him Most

Just when I need Him, Jesus is near,
Just when I falter, just when I fear;
Ready to help me, ready to cheer,
Just when I need Him most.

That's the song that I thought of late this afternoon after I finished, what I thought was going to be, an easy task. I read an article this week about the drought and how bugs were finding refuge indoors. No sooner than I got through reading the article did I find a baby roach in the kitchen. I was sick. I hate those critters. I know God made roaches just like he made flowers, but he had to have another task for them than for crawling around in my kitchen.

David and I had to do a funeral this morning and then there was lunch at the church following the graveside service, so I decided to bomb the house. Not literally, of course, but with one of those Raid Roach Bombs. Actually, I used 3.

I yanked everything out of the cabinets and covered it up, moved my plants outside, and set off the bombs as I set out for the funeral.

When I got home, I knew the task of putting everything back in the cabinets awaited me, but what I didn't know is that it takes 4 times as long to put things back. Especially if I wash everything, sort through spices, wash down cabinets, sweep and mop the floors and throw away unnecessary "stuff".

Anyway, when I was returning the non-perishables back to the cabinet, I found a package of Batherpy ... Bathe away your sore muscles, aches and pains. Now, don't ask me why Batherapy was in the kitchen cabinet for I fear I can't answer that question, but it did come at a great time. I had reached the last task of the whole bombing adventure and I was sore and aching.

While the water was filling the tub, this song came to my mind. Just When I Need Him Most. Isn't it wonderful how Jesus is always near and just when we need him, he's right there, ready and willing to soothe away our aches and pains?

No comments: