Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Love My CUDS Mailbox

There have been times over the last 4 years that I wondered if this day would ever come, but at last, it's here.

When I arrive on campus on Tuesdays I always stop on the first floor to check my mailbox before heading up two more floors to my first class of the day. I'm a little on the short side but because of the alphabetical arrangement of names my mailbox is the 2nd from the top. Needless to say I can't see in the box so I reach my hand up there and pray I can reach anything that has happened my way. There's always an Update with news from the Div School and once in awhile another piece of paper with some information I may or may not need.

Tuesday was no exception. I reached in, pulled out my Update and there was another piece of paper in there. This one was one I definitely needed and had long awaited.

MY LAST CLASS SCHEDULE.

Yes, you heard me correctly. The class schedule for next semester was in our boxes. This will be the last time I will fill out a class request for the next semester. My first reaction was a resounding YES YES YES but then it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was my LAST class schedule. I'm not sure I'm ready for this. This is not the feeling you get in your Junior year when selecting your classes for your Senior year. That is an exciting time for sure. You get to leave high school and head into new adventures.

In a way, this is sort of my last adventure. I do not plan to get my DMin so this is my last big educational stop. Oh, I'm sure there will be seminars here and there and training classes now and again I will attend but nothing will compare to Campbell.

I think I have enjoyed these past 4 years as much as anything in my life but with the last semester ahead of me, I am going to try to soak in all I can in the next 193 days left (yes I'm counting).

So, I ask you, God, please help me make the most of the days ahead.

But, I have 4 more weeks and tons of writing to do before the end of this semester so I might better focus on today.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I totally understand. I think in some ways I am mourning the end of my education here. Sure, I might go on and get an MSW or a DMin, but that will more than likely be part-time. I don't think I'll ever be a full-time student again. It won't be school as my main focus and work as a sidenote. I love education, learning, and going to school. Call me crazy, but while I'm excited to graduate, I know I will miss this whole crazy process.