Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life Moves Forward

Now that I have talked to Patrick via the Internet one night and a phone call on Wednesday, I am more at ease about the whole situation, so now I can concentrate a little better on the fast pace of April.

Already it is April 10th. I have a counter on my Facebook page that counts down the days until upcoming events in my life. I know, for example, that it is 41 days until my anniversary, 31 days until Graduation from Divinity School, 29 days until the Hooding Ceremony and 19 more days until the end of classes.

The sad part of is, I can remember when the counter went to 100 days until the Hooding Ceremony. And that was just yesterday........in my mind. Where does the time go? I have been working on my final evaluation for the CPE program I have been enrolled in this semester and it seems just a few weeks ago, we started the program. Now it's time to end.

I'm 47 years old and even though that sounds like a lot of years, it seems like such a short time ago I was preparing to graduate from high school. Would I go back and redo it again? Not on your life. I have learned so much in the experiences I have had. It wasn't all roses, that's for sure, but it wasn't all thorns either.

Some of my roses are the friends I have made at Campbell Divinity School, the professors and staff members who will forever be etched in my mind, my peers and supervisor in the CPE program at New Hanover Regional Medical Center, and my spiritual development that has come as a result of those roses.

Life moves forward and it's not the forward movement that scares me. It's the fast pace at which it happens. May I never forget to stop and smell the roses.

No comments: