Thursday, March 27, 2008

32-23-35

This past Tuesday was a great day. I had almost forgotten what it was like to stay up late to work on a school project, but I found out on Monday evening. I had a research paper due on Tuesday along with a presentation to the class on the research paper. Because I didn't want the class to watch me the entire time I was speaking, I wanted to prepare a PowerPoint presentation to go along with the oral report.

I got to Bunnlevel around 7 pm and after speaking to the folks in the house, I headed upstairs to get started. I realized I didn't want to use my research paper for the oral report, so I decided to write out exactly what I wanted to say on Tuesday morning. For some reason, this took way longer than I thought it should.

By 10:00, I decided I needed to go downstairs and put the potatoes on to boil that I would use for the potato salad I would be taking to Dr. Wakefield's house for our Senior Synthesis "party." After the salad was made, I went back upstairs to begin the PowerPoint. AT MIDNIGHT!!!!!

I'm too old for this junk. But by 2:15 am I was finished and satisfied with the outcome. However, I had to get up at 6:30 and my 8:00 class was the presentation. Needless to say, I survived and I am more than pleased that it's over. I was more scared of Dr. Harmon's questions that I was the actual presentation, but he went easy on me. Probably because EVERYONE ELSE ASKED QUESTIONS!!!!

Anyway, the day was completely downhill after that. It was a terrific day because I found out my sermon wasn't actually due this week but next week and it was already finished. How wonderful.

So, all this to say, the days are hastening by like big white clouds on a windy day. I feel like I am on my back in a hammock watching as my time at Campbell is drawing to an end.

32 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes and the hooding day will be upon us. Don't you love countdowns?

No comments: