Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dog Stories

I've been reading blogs from folks I regularly read and because of the blog posted by Dr. Tony Cartledge about his writing class, I have found some new and interesting ones as well. But whatever way I turn, I am reading something about dogs. Is this the season to get a dog?

My friend, Rebecca, rushed in to our Church History class on Monday afternoon with the news, "Let's hurry up and get this exam over with. I have a dog waiting on me to adopt him at the animal shelter."

Another friend, Jan, was perplexed by a request from her son about getting a new puppy. She blogged about it as well. Cute story and photos of the pup with his new owner.

But then I read Kristi's blog about her dog, Abby, that has been part of the family for many years and is now experiencing health concerns. If you are a pet owner, you know how attached we get to our four-legged friends, be it a dog, cat, horse or rat. (ugh)

We have three dogs. Earl, is a large Doberman that we adopted from the Brunswick Animal Shelter a little over a year ago.

Pickles, a Dachshund that belonged to the Stratton family before I did, and Maxie.


Maxie came from the Brunswick Animal Shelter, too, about 5 years ago. We're not real sure what Maxie's breed is comprised of, but we ARE certain it's several different ones. She was my companion when Patrick moved back home to finish high school at Richmond Senior and Daniel was in college at St. Andrews. I wanted a little lap dog to keep me company and one that would let me cry on her shoulder when I missed my boys.

Wouldn't it be great if we attached ourselves to the work of Christ like we do to our animals?

2 comments:

Lil tE!a pot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lil tE!a pot said...

BaHa, no we sure don't know what Maxie's breed is. That made me laugh. : )