Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Now?

The festivities of graduation are over and reality has set in. What do I do now? I have searched the Internet for full-time jobs and to my not-so-amazement, there are none for someone with my experience and my education. So, the ultimate question is, "Was it worth it?"

I had a great time, I studied hard, most of the time, and sacrificed a pretty good chunk of time and energy for the last 4 and a half years, but now what? I have a part-time job in a church doing music and youth, which I completely enjoy and fill called to, but part-time jobs don't put gas in my car anymore. I need a weekday job with 40 hours so I can keep my church job. But here's the catch:

I'm qualified for ministry positions and not much else. So, where do you find a full-time ministry position and still be able to keep the one you've got? Or do I keep the one I have?

I'm so confused. I admire my classmates who are getting acclimated into new ministry positions with new starts in new places. But, I guess I will have to sit back and wait to see what God has in store for me.

In the meantime, I will continue to listen to David say, "When are you going to get a real job" as I inspect rental houses this summer. Maybe going up and down flights of stairs all summer long will make me lean and mean. LOL Ok, so I'm half-way there....

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

aw, Terri, trust me....I understand not easily finding a ministry position. My job only requires a high school diploma. After 8 years of undergrad and seminary, my mom was like, "Are you kidding me??" Believe it or not, I thought graduates who didn't have to start somewhere new had it easier. Seems the grass often does seem greener on the other side.