Friday, May 2, 2008

Taaaaaaaaa Dahhhhhhhhhhhhh




The day is finally here. The one I have been waiting for since January. The semester is officially over and I am through with graduate school.

Technically, the semester has been over for me since Tuesday of this week but I was hesitant to celebrate since the grades weren't posted. In fact, the grades still aren't posted, but because I have a dear friend in the office at the school, she informed me of the contents of my mailbox and I have received 2 of the 4 papers I have been waiting for and they were fine. So, now, I celebrate.

But wait, what am I celebrating? Campbell University has been part of my life for many years. I did most of my undergradute at Campbell and graduated in 1994. (I was old then, too.) and then 10 years later, I re-entered the halls of Taylor to begin the journey of a Master's degree. I do celebrate the accomplishments made possible by God and by my family.

I started the grad program in 2004. I was a single mother but with both my children out of the house. It was just Maxie and me (see previous post). That was pretty tough because I had to hold down a full-time job, the part-time church job AND go to Campbell one day a week. I thank my employers for allowing me to do this. After David and I got married, I worked a full-time job, the part-time church job, went to Campbell and tried to settle in to a different life-style.

The time came when I had to go to Campbell 2 days a week instead of one and this made it almost impossible to hold a full-time job, so I made a choice to just do school and church. Because of David's patience and willingness to say, "We'll make it the best we can" God allowed me to do just that. So, officially, in front of the world, I say, Thank you, David.

Celebrate? I now leave the friends I have made over the last 4 and a half years, I leave Elaine, who's willingness to "be there for me" has been unbelievable, I leave the halls of Taylor to David who will begin his doctoral studies in August and I have to find a full-time job.

Celebrate? I don't think so.

No comments: