Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Campbell Chapel

I love Tuesdays. If you knew how early I had to get up to get to an 8:00 class at Campbell you would wonder if I needed my head examined. But all that aside, Tuesdays are the days we gather as a Campbell Divinity School family to enjoy a creative worship experience. Every service is different and every service touches me in a special way.

Today Rev. David Crabtree from WRAL-TV brought the morning message. Again, it touched my heart. In a different style as I have become accustomed, he reminded us that we are called individually to follow Christ. Not because our mamas told us to, or because this is what Daddy thinks is best for us but because we have had a personal experience with Christ and heard his voice in our own lives.

He used his trip to Normandy to bring forward a point of individuals who gave their lives for our freedom. At that point my thoughts were of six years ago and the thousands of people that lost their lives in the 9/11 tragedy. They had no idea what the day would bring when they got up from their beds earlier that morning. Because of this terrible event, many have joined forces to fight the war on terrorism, my youngest son included.

Campbell Chapel is a wonderful place to be at 10:35 on Tuesday mornings. Not one chapel service goes by that I don't bring a message home with me. Today it will be two-fold. I have heard his voice calling me to service as I count myself blessed because I serve a God that sent his son to die for me and I am honored that my son has chosen to die, if necessary, for you.

May God Bless You and May God Bless America

No comments: