Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Afternoons

Don't you just love Sunday afternoons? I used to. I would come home from church, fix lunch and put away the dishes. Next on the agenda was nap time. I knew I had to be back at church at 6 pm for the youth meeting but for 3-4 hours I could nap at my leisure. My husband is a pastor and he gets up very early on Sunday mornings to help himself prepare for the three sermons he will deliver that day so by the time lunch time rolls around, he's give out. So we usually enjoy an hour nap in the afternoon to refresh ourselves for a Sunday night football game or some other sporting even that might happen to be on the television that night.

Well, those days are over. I am only allowed to enjoy that schedule during the summer break from Divinity School and the summer break is over. I have been a student at Campbell Divinity School since January 2004. Each semester is a little more challenging than the one before and this semester is no exception. I have 3 classes that require extensive reading and one other with minimal reading. Needless to say, my weekends are (or should be) spent reading.

This weekend proved to be less productive than others. We celebrated Homecoming at our church today and had a terrific time. In order to prepare for this special day, we held a "Clean-Up Day" on Saturday which took up a major portion of the day. Then the preparations began for what to take for the Homecoming feast that followed today's services. Reading? Well, let's just say it hasn't happened as planned. So, what am I doing right now? I'm posting my excuses on this blog instead of picking up my Justo Gonzalez book on The Story of Christianity.

I guess I better get to it. Do have a great day and enjoy some free time for me.

No comments: